International students will complete the regular application process with the addition of the International Student Form. Students will also need to submit a copy of their passport and an international transcript evaluation for any transcripts.
Upon completing the application process including the three references, you will be contacted by an admissions counselor within 1-3 weeks with a decision. Please plan to complete your application three months prior to the desired semester start date.
International Student Form
Affidavit of Support
International Transcript Evaluation
Overview of the International Admission Process:
Recommended reading: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students/prepare/students-and-the-form-i-20
1. Apply for Admission to CCBC
2. Submit international student forms to CCBC
a. International Student Form
b. Affidavit of Support (verifying ability to cover education and living expenses while in the U.S.)
c. Scanned image of your valid passport
d. International transcript evaluation (to verify readiness for college-level work and/or transferability of college credits to CCBC).
3. Receive admissions acceptance letter from CCBC
4. Receive I-20 form from CCBC (must be renewed each year, can be renewed twice for a total of three years max)
5. Pay the SEVIS fee online and keep a receipt on hand: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students/prepare/paying-the-i-901-sevis-fee
6. Apply for a student visa at a U.S. Consulate (Canadian students do not need a visa, only an I-20 form and receipt for SEVIS fee)
7. Once you receive your visa, make travel plans (check for updated government rules for international travelers, such as travel bans and quarantine requirements)