To gain entry into a CCBC Program, International Students must prove the following:
All international students must demonstrate the ability to understand and speak English as all instruction, reading, and coursework will be done in English. Applicants must pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The following minimum scores are required for acceptance at CCBC: » 62—Internet-based test CCBC’s TOEFL Code is 4749.
International students must demonstrate the ability to provide sufficient funds by way of a personal bank statement. An affidavit of support may be necessary.
Students who have completed secondary or postsecondary education outside of the United States and desire to pursue a degree must submit an evaluation of foreign credentials from an evaluating agency. Please allow ample time for processing. Any non-English documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation, including a course-by-course evaluation.
CCBC is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students.
We recommend that you ready the following article from the Department of Homeland Security before applying.
International Admission Process
1. Apply for Admission to CCBC.
2. Submit additional (4) items during the application process:
a. International Student Form
b. Affidavit of Support
c. Scanned image of your valid passport
d. International transcript evaluation
3. After a 2-3 week review period, you’ll receive a decision from the Admissions Team via e-mail.
4. Receive I-20 form from CCBC (must be renewed each year, can be renewed twice for a total of three years max)
5. Pay the SEVIS fee online and keep a receipt on hand.
6. Apply for a student visa at a U.S. Consulate (Canadian students do not need a visa, only an I-20 form and receipt for SEVIS fee)
7. After you receive your visa, make travel plans. Due to COVID-19, we recommend that you continually check for updated government rules for international travelers, such as travel bans and quarantine requirements.